Calif Bungalow, Single Family - Malibu, CA
The address at 23746 Malibu Road was once 21 Malibu Colony. In 1926 May Rindge relinquished part of her private coastline. Some allowed to lease and later buy these bits of beachfront came from Hollywood. 21 Malibu Colony is one of the last structures on its original beach house footprint. For decades local legend has maintained 21 Malibu Colony was originally leased and owned by Constance Bennett and that Mario Puzo wrote "The Godfather" in the teahouse. These legends were encouraged by the magic that is 21 Malibu Colony. Re-imagined by Howard and Angelica Flagg, this 4-bed 5-bath property honors its heritage giving visitors beauty, craftsmanship, privacy and grace. The understated simplicity epitomizes serenity, space, location and livability. From the beachfront deck, through the teahouse to the patio into the main house then to generous open space and a private guesthouse, this property easily entertains while simultaneously scaling life to one on one, you and the ocean.
Shirley Sherman, Partners Trust Malibu of Partners Trust, Malibu
View Phone Number
As seen in...
Homes & Land of Malibu To Beverly Hills,
Vol. 38, Issue 07, Page 107.
Request a free magazine here, or call 1-800-277-7800.
- Cooling System: Ceiling Fan(s)
- Heating System: Central Furnace
- Stories: 2.0
- Garage: Detached
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Floors: Hardwood; Tile - Stone; Tile or Stone
- Property Type: Residential; Single Family Detached
- Living Room
- Media Room / Home Theater
- Additional Areas: Bedroom; Bedroom; Bedroom; Bedroom; Full Bath; Full Bath; Full Bath; Full Bath; Guest Room; Three-Quarter Bath
Type of View
- Barbecue Area,check w/ city
- check w/ city,Barbecue Area